This page contains useful troubleshooting tips if you are having issues connecting to the Internet with an nbn™ FTTC service.
If you’re unsure of your technology type, you can check here.
IMPORTANT: If this is the first time, you’re trying to use the connection, please ensure your service is activated - you may have received a confirmation SMS from Belong.
Before attempting the troubleshooting steps, we recommend:
- Follow the Belong nbn™ FTTC setup guide
- Check for any nbn™ outages in your area by signing into your Belong account and selecting Tech Support. From there, you’ll be able to see if there is an issue affecting your address and follow any advice given.
- Connect your computer directly to your Belong supplied wireless modem using an Ethernet cable to eliminate wireless networking problems.
- Restart your Belong modem.
If your connection is working correctly, the nbn™ Network Connection Device (NDC) should have the following status on the lights:Power light
This will be solid blue when the nbn™ connection device is powered on.
What to do if the Power Light is off:
- Check power connections. Is the power lead plugged in firmly at both ends?
- If you plugged the power lead into a power strip, make sure the strip is plugged in and switched on.
- Avoid using outlets controlled by wall switches or timers.
- Check the outlet by plugging in another device (such as a lamp)
This will be solid blue when the NDC is powering the nbn™ access network equipment outside your home. If the light is blue, it shows the connection is working correctly.
If the light is red:
- you’ll need technical help and need to raise a service request by clicking the Help? chat at the bottom of the page.
If the light is blinking:
- there’s a problem, and you’ll need to raise a service request by clicking the Help? chat at the bottom of the page.
This will be solid blue when the NDC is communicating with the nbn™ network.
If the light is blinking:
- the device is being updated or being synchronised through the network. This may take 20 minutes.
If the Broadband Light and LAN light are both off:
Local area network light (LAN)
- Unplug the NDC from the power point, wait for approximately 1 minute and then plug the device back into the power point.
This will be solid blue or amber when the NDC and your modem are connected. It will blink when information is being sent between the modem and NDC.
If you're still unable to connect to the internet, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Check that the power cord running to the NDC and modem is firmly plugged in at both ends, and the power is on.
- Try resetting the NDC by holding the RESET button for 1-2 seconds.
- Check that the telephone cable running from the NDC to the wall is secure and not pinched, kinked or bent (this can cause a break or short in the cable)
- The location of your modem is important. Ensure it’s not locked away in a cupboard, hidden behind a TV or kept it in an internal room. The modem should be located in a central area away from solid walls.
- Check our Wi-Fi Connection Issues guide.
If you are still can't access the internet, please contact our Technical Support team by clicking the Help? chat at the bottom of the page.