How long will it take to connect my Belong nbn service?
There are a few things that need to happen after your order’s confirmed before we can connect your service.
- Your modem needs to be delivered – this usually takes 2-5 business days.
- Infrastructure needs to be connected for activation. Sometimes you’ll need a technician to help with this. The time this takes depends on whether you need a technician or not and the infrastructure at your address.
- If you don’t need an nbn technician appointment: If you’re already connected with nbn co equipment at your home (i.e. you’ve moved into a new property where the nbn network is already set up), we’ll usually have your Belong service up and running in 2-7 business days.
- If you do need an nbn technician appointment: If you need an nbn co technician to connect your service we’ll contact you with the appointment date a few days after your order’s confirmed. If you miss your appointment, this will delay your service activation. Here’s what to do if you miss your nbn technician appointment.
You can find out how your order’s tracking at any time in the Track Order section of your account. Please note these are average timeframes only. We may be able to get you online sooner or your order may take a little longer than anticipated. Rest assured we’re working on activating your service as soon as possible - there’s no need to call us to activate your service within these timeframes.
- Once your nbn co appointment is complete there’s additional work we need to conduct on our side before your service us up and running. Even if your technician tells you it will only take a few hours to activate your service, it can take up to 7 business days. Once your service is active, we’ll send you an SMS confirming it’s ready to use.
- Once you’ve received the SMS, you can begin working through the steps in the quick set-up guide that comes with your modem. (Please don’t start setting up your modem until you’ve received the SMS)!