If you're experiencing connection (like dropouts) or speed issues follow these troubleshooting tips:
Check you haven't used all of your monthly data allowance (as your connection speed is slowed if that's the case).
Check your data usage by signing in to your account
or via the Belong app.
Next, we suggest checking for outages or connection issues in your neighbourhood:
Currently, our outage checker is unavailable due to maintenance. In the meantime, we suggest using the options below to check for any network disruptions that may be affecting your service.
To find out if planned maintenance or an outage is affecting your ADSL service, we suggest using Down Detector or contacting support here.
If there's no outage in your area, move onto the following tips:
- Check all your cables and filters/splitters are connected properly.
- Ensure that your modem is set-up properly. Check out our ADSL setup video to make sure you're connected properly.
- Turning your modem off for 15 minutes to allow the modem to reconfigure its network settings before attempting to reconnect to the network.
- Turning off the computer or device you are connecting with then turning it back on again at the same time as rebooting the modem.
- Closing your internet browser entirely and opening a new one (sometimes the program you accessing the internet with can encounter an error)
- If you're connected to the internet via Wi-Fi, disconnect from the network and reconnecting can often help. To learn more about troubleshooting your Wi-Fi Connection, check out this helpful article.
- If none of that works work, try running an isolation test as issues with ADSL are often caused by devices or equipment connected to your phone line and could be the result of faulty filter/splitters, broken ethernet cables, landline telephones, fax machines or even digital set-top boxes causing inference. Just head to How to perform an isolation test for step-by-step instructions.
- Activities such as downloading large files, updating software or backing up photos will impact the internet speed for everybody in your house. An easy way to check if any device is impacting speed is to disconnect each device from your home network (one by one) and see whether the Wi-Fi improves. You can also run a speed test.
If you're still having problems with your connection, simply contact support here
and we’ll look into it for you.
If you’re not already logged in, you’ll be directed to sign in to your Belong account before proceeding.