If you have recently moved to an address where there is already an active phone service connected (not in your name), you can still join Belong.
You’ll need to provide us with proof you live at the address where you’ll be using the service (this is called ‘proof of occupancy’).
Why do I need to show 'proof of occupancy'?
As the previous occupant at this address has not disconnected their phone service, we need ‘proof of occupancy’ from you (a document proving you live at this address) so we can disconnect the existing service and progress your new connection.
Which 'proof of occupancy' documents can I provide?
Your 'proof of occupancy' document can be a:
- Rental agreement
- Contract of sale
- Letter of confirmation from a nursing home (on appropriate letter head)
- Statutory declaration* from the new occupant and a utility bill (e.g. rates, power, water)
- Statutory declaration* from the property owner and the rent receipt from the new occupant
- Statutory declaration* from the property owner and the bond payment receipt
- Letter from the real estate agent and the rent receipt from the new occupant
- Letter from the real estate agent and the bond payment receipt.
Your 'proof of occupancy' document must show:
- Your full name
- The address where you'll connect your service
- Your lease/rental commencement date (or settlement date)
If you need to provide 'proof of occupancy', please sign in to your Belong account and upload your documents.
- If your name is different to your account details, please include a statutory declaration to explain the difference with supporting information such as a Driver's Licence or Marriage Certificate
- A statutory declaration must be signed by an appropriate witness e.g. a Justice of the Peace, police officer, chemist, or medical practitioner.
When will my service be connected?
Once we've received and validated your 'proof of occupancy' document your service will usually be connected within 10 business days, or on your requested connection date, (whichever is later).
If your 'proof of occupancy' isn't received within 14 business days of your requested connection date, we may withdraw your order.
Moving home ? See our Moving home page for more information